Marriage & Couples Counseling/Premarital Counseling
The Bible teaches that
- God created male and female to reflect his own image
- God created marriage of a man and woman who become one flesh
- God created sex to be within marriage of one man and one woman
- God created marriage to provide a “suitable helper” complementarity between a man and woman
- God created marriage to provide the most stable structure for the production and nurture of children
- God created marriage to be the foundation of all human society and civilization
- God intended marriage to be exclusive, without adultery
- God intended marriage to be permanent, without divorce
The problem is that marriage is difficult and problems can be intense. Instead of a partnership that strengthens and nurtures each partner, marriage can become a source of turmoil, hurt, and discouragement.
But people don’t get married in the first place because they didn’t think it was a good idea, or they didn’t love their partner. Somewhere along the line they stumbled, inflicted wounds, received wounds, spiraled downward, and forgot why they got married in the first place.
Couples can get stuck in patterns of conflict, unhealthy communication, non-communication, disaffection, and callous emotions.
Practical Christian Counseling, Inc helps to open up the lines of communication, gives couples tools for handling conflict, and reconnects their hearts once again.
The number of sessions required depends on the severity of issues and the honest effort of each partner.
As the old saying goes, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”. I offer couples who are planning for marriage a six-session program that helps you lay a strong, biblical foundation for your relationship. You will also receive practical tools and skills to continue building a marriage that will last.